Helping In School
Our volunteer helpers play such a valuable role in enhancing children’s learning. Whether it's regular classroom support, hearing readers, helping on school trips, running school clubs or supporting fundraising through the WPSA, family volunteer helpers are a very important and highly valued part of our team at Weeke Primary School.
What do volunteers do already?
- Read with children on a 1:1 basis, providing regular support and encouragement
- Support the school with fundraising events through the WPSA
- Run or help with school clubs such as badminton, running and gardening
- Support children in the classroom with their learning
- Help on school trips
- Enrich the children's learning by talking about their jobs
- Support with administrative jobs
What could you offer to the school?
We always need more help. If you think that you could support children with key skills (reading, writing, maths or ICT) or are a dab hand at gardening, cooking, sewing, music, foreign languages, art, craft etc, we would really love to hear from you. We can put you in touch with another parent volunteer if you would like to find out more. Grandparents as well as parents are more than welcome to help.
All helpers are CRB checked before they can work with the children. If you would like to help out, please come to the office and speak to Nicki, Janet or Caroline. We would really love to hear from you.