Weeke Primary School’s Ethos and Values
Our Core Values
A core value is a central belief which is understood and shared by every member of the school community. Core values arise out of what we believe to be important about people, about society and about learning and knowledge. Values are more than inspiring or beautiful words. Our values are a behavioural blueprint that shape who we are as a school community and as individuals. In all that we do, we ask ourselves – does this promote what we value most?
We show respect and always have regard for ourselves and other people’s feelings, wishes and rights.
We show kindness towards others and always make sure we try to understand and support others.
We pursue excellence in everything we try and strive to do our best.
We work together as active and caring members of the school and wider community .
We take responsibility for our actions and always make sure we are truthful, fair and do the right thing.
At Weeke Primary School we continually strive to achieve the following key principles:
- Children achieve individual excellence; personally, academically and socially.
- Learning is challenging and irresistible; children enjoy successful and inspirational educational experiences.
- Teaching is creative, engaging, innovative and personalised so that every child flourishes.
- Everyone works together in a safe and supportive environment of mutual care, respect and consideration, where effort is valued and success is celebrated.
- Professional learning enhances practice and informs and enriches all that we do ensuring professional excellence.
- Strong, collaborative and productive partnerships are built with families, the local, wider and global community.
- Diversity is celebrated with respect and tolerance for the individuality of others.
- Children are happy, confident, independent and resilient; they take responsibility for their learning and their place in society as responsible young citizens.