The Public Sector Equality Duty 2011 has three aims under the general duty for Schools:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
We have considered how well we currently achieve these aims with regard to the protected groups under the Equality Act (race, disability, gender, gender re-assignment, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, sexual orientation, religion and belief and sexual orientation).
This information should also be read in conjunction with our equality objective(s). In compiling this equality information we have:
- identified evidence of equality we already have within policies and practice and identified gaps;
- examined how we engage with the protected groups, identifying where practice could be improved;